- 1 What should I bring to bootcamp?
- 2 What do you get issued at Marine Corps boot camp?
- 3 Can I bring books to Marine boot camp?
- 4 What should I study before Marine boot camp?
- 5 What can you not bring to bootcamp?
- 6 Do you shower together in basic training?
- 7 How much sleep do you get in Marine boot camp?
- 8 How do you fail Marine bootcamp?
- 9 Do you get days off in Marine boot camp?
- 10 Can you take your phone to Marine boot camp?
- 11 Can female Marines wear makeup?
- 12 What happens when you finish Marine boot camp?
- 13 Is it OK to say oorah to a Marine?
- 14 What is the hardest part of Marine boot camp?
- 15 How much do Marines get paid in boot camp?
What should I bring to bootcamp?
What To Bring To Boot Camp
- One-day supply of casual, comfortable clothing (no halter-tops or ragged shorts)
- Three sets of underwear (white)
- One pair of white, calf-length athletic socks (no color bands, designs or logos).
- A pair of comfortable shoes.
- Eyeglasses (no faddish/stylish eyewear)
What do you get issued at Marine Corps boot camp?
This is where they get their first military haircut and issued their initial gear, such as uniforms, letter writing supplies and toiletries. They’re also given a medical and must take a basic strength test, which consists of pull-ups and sit-ups and a half mile run, in order to gauge what shape they’re in.
Can I bring books to Marine boot camp?
When you arrive for training, the instructors go through all your belongings looking for items you should have left at home. Weapons of any kind are not permissible. This means knives or brass knives, along with anything the instructors deem unsafe during intake. You may not bring books or magazines, either.
What should I study before Marine boot camp?
Some of the things that a recruit should memorize before boot camp include:
- The Marine hymn.
- Knowledge of the Marine Corps ranking system.
- The 11 General Orders for a sentry.
- The Marine Corps Code of Conduct.
- Core Values of the Marine Corps.
- The characteristics of the M-16A4 rifle.
What can you not bring to bootcamp?
Items you may not bring:
- Knives, guns, brass knuckles or anything that may be used as a weapon.
- Dice, playing cards or anything that may be used to gamble.
- Magazines, books, crossword puzzles or any other media that is not of a religious nature.
- Cigarettes, dip, lighters or any other tobacco products.
- Large photo albums.
Do you shower together in basic training?
In basic training, you take group showers. There’s no way out of communal showers. They’re required. Your instructor will give you a time limit for your shower and tell you when you may take your shower during the day or night.
How much sleep do you get in Marine boot camp?
During training exercises, service members may sleep fewer than five hours per night. Typically, that five hours is split up into multiple episodes of sleep, usually lasting less than two hours each.
How do you fail Marine bootcamp?
How to Drop Out of Marine Boot Camp
- Failing Physical Tests. One way to be sent home from boot camp is to repeatedly fail the physical tests.
- Sustain a Serious Injury. If you suffer a serious, debilitating physical injury during training, you may be sent home.
- You Have Chronic Medical Issues.
- Your Principles Don’t Align.
Do you get days off in Marine boot camp?
After Marine Corps Boot Camp After completing Marine Corps basic training, you will be given 10 days of leave before you must report to the School of Infantry.
Can you take your phone to Marine boot camp?
Can You Bring a Cell Phone to Marine Corps Boot Camp? No, you can not bring your cell phone through Recruit Training. If you bring a cell phone, it will be stored with your other civilian items until you graduate as a United States Marine.
Can female Marines wear makeup?
Makeup: Cosmetics are allowed on female Marines but must be applied conservatively. They also must compliment the individual complexion of the Marine. Lipstick: It is permitted so long as it harmonizes and doesn’t distract from overall appearance.
What happens when you finish Marine boot camp?
After boot camp, there is a graduation ceremony open to visitors. There are a couple of days leading up to the graduation ceremony where new Marines have the opportunity to spend time with their family. Once graduation is over, Marines may take ten days of leave with one travel day.
Is it OK to say oorah to a Marine?
Oorah is a battle cry common in the United States Marine Corps since the mid-20th century. It is comparable to hooah in the US Army and hooyah in the US Navy and US Coast Guard. It is most commonly used to respond to a verbal greeting or as an expression of enthusiasm.
What is the hardest part of Marine boot camp?
Phase Three of Marine Corps Boot Camp Weeks 8-10 will be the hardest part of training as recruits will have to give everything they have and more to keep pushing forward. At the end of phase three recruits will go through The Crucible, the final event of training that will test them on everything.
How much do Marines get paid in boot camp?
Recruits earn pay as E1s during basic training. The Marine Corps will direct deposit payment on the 1st and 15th days of the month. Pay for BMT depends upon your rank. Every enlisted recruit starts out as an E1, and can expect an annual salary of around $19,803.60.